Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- John Kadlecik is a local Tacoma Park resident and member of the Dark Star Orchestra and Further. He has been preforming sold-out shows at Gypsy Sally’s all month.
- Are documentaries your new thing, but you’ve grown tired of Netflix’s catalog (haven’t we all). Then try out this documentary about the freedom rides into Mississippi that summer of 1964. Freedom Summer will be showing today at 1 p.m. at the Anacostia Community Museum.
- Looking for a punk show? Come to the Rocketship! There will be local bands featuring members of other more prominent local bands like Priests and Coke Bust. Plus, you get to tell all your friends to meet you at the Rocketship, which is something you’re been dying to tell someone.
- There’ll be comedy at the Vendetta from 7:30-10 and it’s free. We like free.
- It’s Community Day at Cava Mezza Grill in Chinatown today! But what’s Community Day, you ask? I don’t honestly know, but I do know that Cava will be giving away free food because of it. Free food people, it’s hard to find outside of college.
- Or you could take a ride on the Art bus. Catch it at Court House metro in Arlington and riding it to the final destination at the Arlington Arts Center. The artist, Rachel Schmidt, and curator, Cynthia Connolly, will be having a discussion about the process of creating this site specific installation.