Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- The must-attend show of the week happens to be tonight. Landlady and Paperhaus play Black Cat Backstage.
- If you’re looking to jumpstart your week with some Danish heavy metal, there’s a King Diamond concert tonight at The Fillmore Silver Spring tonight.
- Looking for a less intense musical experience? Czech singer-songwriter Marketa Irglova (of Once fame) is out with a new solo album and performing tonight at The Hamilton.
- Vivid Solutions Gallery: Jared Soares’ exhibit “The Farms” runs through October 31. This photographic documentation of the Barry Farms Dwellings basketball court is a DC cultural staple and is not to be missed.
- Shocktart: Volume 2: The Revival, is “more than just a party, it is a movement, a cult, a crime of passion and a community.” This dancing/crafting/radical art experience is taking over Velvet Lounge tonight.
- The 12th Annual Paella Festival at José Andrés’ Jaleo is here! We previewed these incredible dishes with Executive Chef Ramón Martínez. Read about our experience here.
- And if all else fails, go see a movie! There’s plenty playing in DC this week, and BYT has your film fix for tonight.