Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our Agenda (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on the Agenda is free and open to all-so please use it, WE PROMISE this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts).
Here’s what you can do tonight:
- OK Go is at 9:30 and they are totally still relevant.
- Celebrate Mexican independence day at Oyamel! or at Rosa Mexicano! (both of which have special menus for it) or on your porch with a margarita in hand!
- Banjos+Harmonies=Goodnight, Texas at Black Cat.
- Joyce Manor is at Rock & Roll Hotel and you are so not over pop punk.
- Dub FX is at U Street Music Hall and he makes all of his music with his mouth.
- If you want to make music with your mouth in front of other people open mic night at Gypsy Sally’s starts at 8.
- Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader go dark in The Skeleton Twins, which came out this weekend. We liked it a lot and we think you’ll like it, too.
Still not finding anything? Pop over to our Agenda page for more things to do!