Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our Agenda (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on the Agenda is free and open to all-so please use it, WE PROMISE this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts).
1. It’s hot (it felt like over 100 degrees on Monday and IT’S SEPTEMBER! and really nice outside so check out The Outdoor Drinking Guide. As well as our list of most refreshing summer cocktails in DC. It’s too hot for me. I’ll drink inside.
2. The 2014 edition of our Trivia Guide is out! Use it to satisfy all your trivia needs. Trivia is inside. Inside is good. Once again, IT’S HOT OUTSIDE!
Here’s what you can do tonight:
- The show of the night, and the next 3 nights, is Spoon and Hamilton Leithauser at Lincoln Theatre. It’s sold-out. There’s a reason Spoon is playing three nights.
- If you weren’t able to obtain tickets to Spoon, try Bleachers at 9:30 Club. Tickets are still available. Tickets to the Wednesday show are not available.
- One of the most interesting comedy shows in D.C. is the monthly roast of an idea/animal/famous person at The Brixton. Tonight local comics will roast Congress. It may be shooting fish in a barrel, but it’s sometimes fun to fire arms into a barrel.
- If you’d rather watch a 20+ year old television show (there’s no shame in that), it’s Twin Peaks night at Dr. Clock’s Nowhere Bar.
Still not finding anything? Pop over to our Agenda page for more things to do!