Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our Agenda (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on the Agenda is free and open to all-so please use it, WE PROMISE this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts).
1. August! That’s now! Check out YOUR BEST AUGUST.
2. It’s HOT so check out The Outdoor Drinking Guide. As well as our list of most refreshing summer cocktails in DC.
DC Beer Week! Here’s some our our picks…
- Brewer’s Art & Green Hat Gin makers and Columbia Distillers have collaborated on a brew that will debut at Eat the Rich.
- Sam Adam’s is celebrating their 30th anniversary with 30 beers and food at the Longview Gallery.
- Penn Social is hosting a beer school happy hour. Learn about, and drink beer with bartender Brian Harrison.
If you are not interested in beer week, here are some other fun things to do.
- Its the Post-it note’s 40th birthday. So DC Graphic Facilitation is hosting a party with performances, games, and cake to celebrate.
- Nick’s Riverside Grill is hosting a stand-up variety show.
- The Mumbles are performing a free show at Hill Country Live.
- The Strypes are at 9:30.
- Paradise Fears are at Jammin’ Java. They are bringing Nick Thomas (from the Spill Canvas), William Beckett (from the Academy is…), and Just Another Scene.
- The Velvet Lounge is celebrating Crunk Witch’s album release with a party, featuring performances by Crunk Witch, Catscan!, and Electric Grandmother.
Still not finding anything? Pop over to our Agenda page for more things to do!