Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our Agenda (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on the Agenda is free and open to all-so please use it, WE PROMISE this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts).
- 1. August! That’s now! Check out YOUR BEST AUGUST.
- 2. It’s HOT so check out The Outdoor Drinking Guide. As well as our list of most refreshing summer cocktails in DC. BONUS: alcoholic slushies are popping up everywhere.
Stuff pertinent to THIS WEEK:
- It is DC Restaurant Week. We have all the pro survival tips here.
- Also, it is lambrusco week, OR as we like to call it #HEAVEN.
Here’s what you can do tonight:
- Scott Kirby is at Jammin’ Java.
- Lisa Lim is at Blues Alley.
- Wax Motif and Julius Jetson are at Flash.
- And finally, Nadastrom, Sabo, and Tropixx are at U Street Music Hall.
- Oh, Holy Ghost! is doing a DJ Set too.
- The Summer Sing-a-long Series continues at the MLK Library.
- The Kennedy Center is hosting a free production of Synthetic Theater’s Summer Camp’s Wizard of Oz. It’s full of pantomime, acrobatics, song, and dance.
- NoMa Summer Screen is showing The Sandlot.
Still not finding anything? Pop over to our Agenda page for more things to do!