Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our Agenda (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on the Agenda is free and open to all-so please use it, WE PROMISE this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts).
1. August! That’s now! Check out YOUR BEST AUGUST.
2. It’s HOT so check out The Outdoor Drinking Guide. As well as our list of most refreshing summer cocktails in DC.
Here’s what you can do tonight:
- Go get some FREE ICE CREAM outside Mervis Diamond at 1700 K Street NW between 4 pm and 7 pm. Captain Cookie will be there handing out free scoops.
- Rising country music star Logan Brill brings her guitar and her singing chops to Hill Country Barbecue at 7 pm for a no cover show.
- Head to the Kennedy Center to check out some neat Eastern dance moves, as performed by the award-winning Silk Road Dance Company.
- Drop by Petworth Citizen for a sour ale takeover happy hour between 5 and 7 pm. Each drink is only $4.
- At DC9, post-punk group Rom (formerly The Dead Women) is on at 8:30 pm along with openers Vundabar and East Ghost. Tickets are $8 at the door.
- YouTube star Tyler Ward visits Jammin’ Java tonight for a show beginning at 8 pm. Ward has collaborated with ‘stars’ like Jason Derulo and Plain White T’s.
- Take in a comedy show at Vendetta’s weekly Underground Comedy show. Tickets are free; show begins at 8 pm.
- Prefer kids’ movies to music and happy hours? Family Film Night at NoMa is screening Despicable Me 2 tonight at sundown.
Still not finding anything? Pop over to our Agenda page for more things to do!