Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our Agenda (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on the Agenda is free and open to all-so please use it, WE PROMISE this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts).
1. It’s JULY for just a few more days so check out Your Best July.
2. It’s HOT so check out The Outdoor Drinking Guide. As well as our list of most refreshing summer cocktails in DC. #WeGotYou
Here’s what you can do tonight:
- New Belgium Brewery is wrapping up their three-part summer “Sweet & Sour Evenings.” It’s beer and chocolate, so what could be better?
- Want more chocolate? Check out summer happy hour chocolate tastings at Cocova.
- Most of our staff will be at You, Me, Them, Everybody Live at the Wonderland Ballroom with Brandon Wetherbee, Allison Lane, Luke Wienecke, Haywood Turnipseed Jr, Andrew Bucket, Jonny Grave and the Tombstones, Katie McD., Jenn Tisdale and David Carter.
- Go see Pitch Perfect for FREE thanks to the NoMa Summer Screen.
- Rock-pop duo Honeyblood is playing at DC9 and tickets are only $10. They have been compared to Haim which probably means they are going to be the next big thing. Check out our interview with them HERE.
- If you’re more into electronic music, check out Rustie at U Street Music Hall. This show is also only $10.
- Test your brain with trivia night at Sixth & I Historic Synagogue. Go solo or bring a team for a night full of weird facts that you may or may not know.
- Before you go out, work up a sweat at Workout Wednesdays in Franklin Park. This week’s workout is High Intensity Interval Training that will probably kick your ass but still make you feel good about yourself.
Still not finding anything? Pop over to our Agenda page for more things to do!