Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our Agenda (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on the Agenda is free and open to all-so please use it, WE PROMISE this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts). Also, remember to check out Your Best July since it’s JULY. Now go do these things:
- Peter Frampton might be well into his 60s, but he’s still got it. Hear him rock out at the Lincoln Theatre tonight.
- Rock stars not your thing? Singer-songwriter Marissa Nadler is playing at the Rock and Roll Hotel.
- Chad Sugg (aka Backseat Goodbye) will be performing at Jammin Java alongside Rookie of the Year, Summit, and Christopher Graham.
- More interested in wine than music? Whole Foods Fair Lakes in Fairfax is hosting an hour-long wine tasting program focusing on the local wines of Virginia.
- Or, if you’re into theater, get tickets to the Eisenhower Theater’s Side Show. It’s about two conjoined twins who become burlesque dancers.
- Sample a taste of D.C.’s amateur musicians at Gypsy Sally’s free weekly open mic. Or throw together your own performance if you’re brave enough to stand in the spotlight.
- There’s always comedy to fall back on. Vendetta is hosting a free stand-up show beginning at 7:30 pm. Stop by and check out some local D.C. comics.
- OR if you still don’t see anything to do today, check out our agenda page!