Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our Agenda (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on the Agenda is free and open to all-so please use it, WE PROMISE this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts). Also, remember to check out Your Best July since it’s JULY. Now go do these things:
- Quick, get down to the Smithsonian Folklife Festival before it gets swamped with tourists over the holiday weekend. This year’s setup features food, music and performances from Kenya and China.
- Get your weekly dose of British Literature in at the Folger Theatre. A special screening of the Royal Shakespeare Company’s rendition of “Henry IV Part 2” will be going on at 6:00 pm.
- NoMa Summer Screen’s movie du jour is Clueless. Break out your 80’s fashion and picnic coolers and, like, totally haul ass to 2nd and L St. NE.
- Take in a performance tonight at Eisenhower Theater’s “Side Show”, which tells the story of a pair of conjoined twins who rise up through the ranks from circus performers to vaudeville stars.
- Love karaoke, but bored by the usual electronic CD set-up? Sing loud and proud in front of a live band tonight at Hill Country’s weekly karaoke night.
- Prefer live music by professional musicians? Ali Shirazinia, better known as Dubfire, will be playing at U Street Music Hall tonight. Go see him at 10 pm for $12.
- Still not seeing anything that’s interesting? Check out our Agenda for more things to do.