Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our Agenda (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on the Agenda is free and open to all-so please use it, WE PROMISE this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts). Also, remember to check out Your Best July since it’s JULY. Now go do these things:
- Sage Francis is playing U Street Music Hall tonight at 7 pm. Tickets are $15.
- They’re building an ENORMOUS maze inside the new National Building Museum. Go check it out before it opens officially to the public.
- Rock out to some cool synth-pop beats with Au Revoir Simone at The Rock & Roll Hotel. Doors open at 7 pm.
- Lacking those sweet moves on the dance floor? Learn how to tango like a pro at Hilton Washington DC’s annual Argentine Tango immersion class.
- Red, White & Bleu is hosting a free craft wine tasting. Head to the store any time from noon to 7pm for samples and a crash course in how to pair wines with barbecue.
- Hear Shai Littlejohn croon at Hill Country tonight. Get some barbecue and enjoy a free show.
- Don’t like any of the professional live music going on tonight? Go hear some amateurs (or throw together your own set) at Gypsy Sally’s weekly open mic.
- Still not seeing anything that’s interesting? Check out our Agenda for more things to do.