Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our Agenda (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on the Agenda is free and open to all-so please use it, WE PROMISE this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts). Also, remember to check out Your Best June since it’s June. Now go do these things:
- Soccer, soccer, soccer all the time. Check out our World Cup Happy Hour guide.
- MORE Katy Perry at the Verizon Center. Will she ever leave? Yes, so go tonight unless you want to miss her.
- Skream is at U Street Music Hall with some cool dubstep stuff.
- Dust off your vocal chords and be a kid again at tonight’s Summer Sing-A-Long at Watha T. Daniel-Shaw Library. Tonight’s film: Singing in the Rain.
- Prefer some grub with your movie? Snack on pho and doughnuts at NoMa Summer Screen tonight with an outdoor screening of When Harry Met Sally.
- Or skip the movie and go straight for the food at the Startup BBQ. Check out some neat new products from rising DC Startups while snacking on barbecue and cold beer.
- D.C. Jazz Fest is now underway. Why not lean back and take in some jazz-fusion at The Hamilton with a silky-smooth set by Snarky Puppy?
- Learn a thing or two about blues dancing with $5 lessons tonight at Emergence Community Arts Collective. All levels of experience are welcome. Bring your blues dancing shoes.
- Reggae singer Luciano is playing at the Howard Theatre. Go check him out.
- Still not seeing anything that’s interesting? Check out our Agenda for more things to do.