Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our Agenda (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on the Agenda is free and open to all-so please use it, WE PROMISE this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts). Also, remember to check out Your Best June since it’s June. Now go do these things:
- Some soccer thing is happening! Check out our guide.
- Katy Perry is at the Verizon Center. She does stuff with fireworks.
- Lake Street Drive is at 9:30 Club. To our knowledge, they do not do stuff with fireworks.
- Joe Purdy is at The Howard. He makes purdy music.
- The Sweater Set and Dustbowl Revival are at Gypsy Sally’s. This is a great bill. Excellent local folk and some great indie pop stuff from an L.A. act.
- Surprise! U Street Music Hall is hosting a Capital Cities DJ set tonight at 10 pm. Stop by after the Katy Perry show and dance all night long.
- Go see the cult classic Rushmore for free in Adams Morgan tonight.
- From our Free In DC weekly column: Want to learn something about the world of technology? Attend a free ‘Made in D.C. Tech Talk’ at 1776 and hear industry experts around the D.C. area chat about how to build your company up from square one.
- From our weekly Happy Hour Hotline: Pinstripes Bocce, Bowling & Bistro: You know what else are spherical beside futbol? Bocce, bowling ball, and the food baby you’d be nurturing from Pinstripes’ half-priced flatbreads and complimentary gelatos, available this Tuesday and Thursday.
- Funny people Romane and Lettuce presents: HEARTTHROBS at The Brixton. Free. Recommended.
- Still not seeing anything that’s interesting? Check out our Agenda for more things to do.