Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our Agenda (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on the Agenda is free and open to all-so please use it, WE PROMISE this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts). Also, remember to check out Your Best June since it’s June. Now go do these things:
- So you’ve gone from being a college student on campus, where free food is almost an always at events, to being a hungry intern on the Hill, where happy hour specials still cost a steep $6. Tough transition. So check out Taste Talks, the perfect marriage of networking and up-for-grabs bites. For the full list of participating businesses that will provide the munchies as well as some food for thought, click here.
- Need some dinnertime streaming to spice up your microwave meal? You can catch a soccer match between Russia and South Korea, or watch some millennials take over the Kennedy Millennium Stage. Bassist and vocalist Zachary Ostroff will be joined by “his band of young mavericks” to provide you with some smooth tunes.
- More music coming up: join A People’s Choir tonight for a group karaoke with original recordings. Lyrics and booze will be provided, you just bring that voice, ‘kay? This month’s theme is summer songs; to make requests and find more information, visit them on Facebook and/or Twitter (@apeopleschoirdc).
- For those of you who had registered for Trivia Under the Stars, good news: it has been rescheduled to – tonight! Come splash some of your brain juice by the pool at Capitol Skyline Hotel. You can get a full refund if you can no longer make it; more info on that here.
- Yes All Women? Yes, all woman, and just one. Meet Kawehi, whose one-take, multi-instrumental cover of Nirvana’s “Heart-Shaped Box” was an astonishing feat of solo act, and is right on its way to join the million-hits club on YouTube. Come out to Jammin’ Java tonight and watch magic happen.
- Girl power continued: your host Dana Fleitman will be joined by headliner Adam Friedland for a night of laughs, featuring local comedian Hilary Schwartz along with Benjy Himmelfarb, David Carter, and Max Rosenblum. All proceeds will go to the Jewish Woman International. For more deets and tix, click here.
- Bipartisan coalition alert: Dead Kennedys will be performing alongside Reagan Youth and Burning Streets tonight at the Rock and Roll Hotel.
- Still not seeing anything that’s interesting? Check out our Agenda for more things to do.