Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our Monday picks, there are tons of other events to check out on BYT ALL CITY (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on ALL CITY is free and open to all-so please use it. )
- If you feel like getting fancy tonight (which we will definitely be doing), come out to Shakespeare Theatre Company’s Gala After Hours at Sydney Harman Hall. Last year’s event sold out and this year’s will feature performances and a black tie VIP cocktail reception with open bar, hors d’oeuvres, dessert, and dancing in the West Court of the National Building Museum. Sounds pretty perfect because, well, it is.
- If you’re more in the mood for low-key (but high-energy) awesomeness, the Third Man Records truck will be parked outside of Satellite Room (behind 9:30 Club) from 6-9pm tonight. Get your records on.
- And HEY! Remember how we previewed/reviewed a ton of films in the Spooky Movie Festival? Well that’s still going on and we highly recommend it. Tonight’s flicks: Beyond the Grave and Motion Sickness.
- There’s also Wind Me Up, Chuck! Mondays, the Howard Theatre’s celebration of Go-go legend Chuck Brown. Dancing, fun, funky hijinx to surely ensue.
- Shop for a great cause at Current Boutique on 14th Street from 6-8:30pm (and you might just see some of us BYTers there)
- If indie-pop is your thing, Army Navy is at Red Palace tonight. Dance:
- And lastly, Passion Pit at 9:30 Club is way sold out, but here’s this classic jam/awesome video for you to weep along to: