Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our Agenda (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on the Agenda is free and open to all-so please use it, WE PROMISE this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts). Also, remember to check out Your Best June since it’s June. Now go do these things:
- New Belgium Brewery is hosting a sour beer tasting in Chinatown. In addition to plenty of booze, there will be complimentary chocolates.
- Splashdance! is going down at the Capitol Skyline Hotel. Come jump in the pool, have some drinks, and see some fun performances.
- Check out this free dance performance at the Kennedy Center. The program mixes hip-hop, tap, and Irish step dance.
- Feeling theatre on a Wednesday? Head to the Dumbarton House for a picnic performance of “The New York Idea,” an old play by an old dead guy.
- NoMa Summer Screen is showing Disney’s Up for free at sundown. Plus a bunch of food trucks.
- On to music: see Bane with Code Orange Kids at DC9 tonight. Do you like hardcore punk? DO YOU?
- Prefer indie rock? The Jezabels are playing at Rock and Roll Hotel with Gold & Youth opening.
- If that’s not enough, pop-soul crooner Max Schneider will be at Jammin’ Java. Did we mention he’s an actor? He’ll be co-starring in a new NBC show this fall, so that’s pretty cool.
- Still not seeing anything that’s interesting? Check out our Agenda for more things to do.