Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our Agenda (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on the Agenda is free and open to all-so please use it, WE PROMISE this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts). WELCOME TO MAY. Go do these things:
BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING: HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE THE BEST MAY EVER.
Let us begin.
- For $2 you can catch screenings of “The Lego Movie” and “Non-Stop over at Arlington Cinema and Drafthouse. Have you seen “The Lego Move” yet? NOW IS YOUR CHANCE. (If you answered “yes,” RELIVE THE MEMORIES.)
- Or head on over to Black Cat for Thaylobleu if yer in the mood for a rock show.
- Get your drink on with $5 celebratory cocktails over at Beuchert’s Saloon and your cocktail proceeds benefit THEARC. All good things.
- There’s a free blues show over at Hill Country tonight thanks to David Jacobs-Strain and his gee-tar.
- Want more free? Check out a classy jazz performance by Dimitrije Vasiljevic at The Kennedy Center.
- OR get smarter and learn more about GMOs and what you’re ingesting on a daily basis.
- The 1975 show over at 9:30 Club is all sold out…