Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our Agenda (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on the Agenda is free and open to all-so please use it, WE PROMISE this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts). WELCOME TO MAY. Go do these things:
- BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING: HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE THE BEST MAY EVER
Let us begin.
- WISH PHARMACY BAR GOODBYE – the closing party (before re-opening with new owners) is tonight
- Feeling athletic? DC Bocce on the Capitol is back. It involves kicking around tiny balls, but I’m mostly in for the cheap pitchers of beer at Capitol Lounge afterwards. There’s also a glow-in-the-dark version in Virginia.
- Speaking of beer, if you enjoy hard-to-find brews and epic discounts, the great folks at Jack Rose are hosting a tasting party tonight at 6 p.m.
- If the arts are more your thing, Busboys and Poets is hosting a controversial play that features a former candidate for the DC Mayoral race. (Plus: student discounts on tickets).
- Or you could get crunk with Mogwai at the 9:30 Club.
- ….but why not just perform yourself at Tropicalia’s Karaoke Ball? You don’t have to be an exhibitionist to want to support charity.