Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our Agenda (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on the Agenda is free and open to all-so please use it, WE PROMISE this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts). Also, remember to check out Your Best June since it’s June. Now go do these things:
- So the World Cup continues and the US is playing their first game. There are numerous places where you can cheer on the U.S. before they get knocked out of the tournament. You really only have three chances to watch them play so enjoy it while it lasts! (Group of Death, whoo!) And if you are not a sports fan, feel free to watch for the hot
- Now this is something I can get behind: Grilled Cheese World Cup. Try seven different grilled cheeses inspired by seven countries in the World Cup. The only disappointing thing is that you only have seven choices.
- Do you want to see some talented young artists? Six U.S. Presidential Scholar of the Arts alumni are presenting a free performance at the Kennedy Center. So if you want to avoid all the World Cup mania, but still want to question how much you have accomplished in your life, you can check this out.
Concerts! The Knocks and ASTR are performing at the 9:30 Club
- Or you watch Asher Roth at the Rock and Roll Hotel.
- And if you are not into either of them, you can watch Melanie Martinez, Dresses, and Mike Squillante at Jammin’ Java.
- Still not seeing anything that’s interesting? Check out our Agenda for more things to do. I promise they aren’t all World Cup related.