Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our Agenda (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on the Agenda is free and open to all-so please use it, WE PROMISE this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts) Already two weeks into April? Oh. Do these things:
- First things first: stop by Corcoran for the BEST & BRIGHTEST edition. Furniteur, Chris Burns and Pleasure Curses are all playing, and NEXT exhibit is on show. Check out our full preview here.
Sarah Gettman BFA FINE ART/MAT right here, be here. Participants, ceramic, pre-fab tent, paint, and wood
- Get your literature on: the Editor in Chief of the Atlantic will lead a discussion with two linguists about the future of American society at the Sixth and I Synagogue.
- In honor of the anniversary of Emancipation Day, a fireworks show will be held at 8:30 pm in Freedom Plaza.
- Also in honor of Emancipation Day, Petwork Citizen has specials all day.
- The Satellite Room is having Wu-Tang Wednesdays and its free. How could anyone say no to this?
- Pat Green is next door at 9:30 Club.
- Juana Molina is at Jammin’ Java.
- Celebrate Wednesdays with Hump Day at Mova Lounge: it’s got LITERALLY all forms of entertainment to keep you occupied (including but not limited to music, dancing, open mic sessions, spoken word, burlesque, screenings, live performances, DJs, karaoke, etc).
- Story League returns to Busboys and Poets.
- If none of this sounds appealing, there’s SO MUCH MORE STUFF right over here.