Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN. And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on BYT ALL CITY (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on ALL CITY is free and open to all-so please use it, WE PROMISE this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts)
- HAVE YOUR BEST MARCH EVER. A lot of the stuff is stuff you can do at home, like read books and play with Legos.
- ALL THE TV AND MOVIES YOU NEED TO BINGE WATCH RIGHT NOW. Today is a good day to binge.
- KEEP DRINKING OUTSIDE WITH OUR WINTER OUTDOOR DRINKING GUIDE. If your favorite bar is open, it probably has a snow day special.
- What to eat WHEN THERE IS NOTHING LEFT IN THE HOUSE. Do you really need to go outside?
Ready? On to tonight.
- Grabbing a drink after work/during the day because it’s snowing? Grab it at one of these new-ish patio spots, all with happy hour specials included. They’re most likely running even better specials because stuff is falling from the sky.
— Smithsonian (@smithsonian) March 17, 2014
- Snowball fight! NOTE: This time it’s in Meridian Hill Park! It starts at 12:30.
Because cold water is on the ground there are some quality cheap/good food/booze specials. We’ll update this list as specials come in.
- Hill Country Barbecue Market is offering their pit-smoked wings Shiner cans for $4 and draft pitchers for $20 all day. They open at 11:30 and happy hour is from 3 to 7pm.
- Alba Osteria is offering 1/2 price wine all day.
- Dolcezza Gelato in Dupont, Bethesda and Fairfax has a Hot Chocolate with Alfajor combo for $5.
- Et Voila will be serving a special duck leg confit with mix green salad and mashed potato with taggiasche olive for $26 tonight.
- 701 Restaurant will be offering a three-course, pre-theater menu throughout the evening priced at $34 per person. Guests are also encouraged to pair their dessert with a glass of port to warm them up as all ports will be available at 50% off.
- City Tap House‘s snow special (in honor of St. Paddy’s) is “Keep the Guinness Pint” Special while they last- have a pint and take it home.
- JCC: Sopa de calabaza con queso de cabra $10, Pollo Macia Grilled Chicken Breast atop our classic espinaca a la catalana for $10, Coles de bruselas con bechamel $8
- Jaleo MD: Jaleo Hour all day in Jaleo Bethesda
Zaytinya: Half price on wine bottles for lunch or dinner
Oyamel: $12 for a margarita, soup and hot chocolate
El Centro and Zengo are offering all day happy hour (beverage only)
The Heights is offering a coupling of hot and cold snow day Irish drink specials, each for $6: Irish hot chocolate with Bailey’s hazelnut, and a Conway’s Irish ale pint. The Conway’s pint can also be ordered with a shot of Tullamore dew for $9.
Logan Tavern is holding an all-day St. Patrick’s Day happy hour offering half-priced draft beer and Irish-themed food and drink specials. An Irish Quiz will be provided to diners, and three submissions with all correct answers will be chosen at random to win a $50 EatWell gift card.
Redwood Bethesda has corned beef and cabbage for $15
Café Deluxe has ½ off bottles of wine
Uncle Julios has $5 frozen margaritas and $3 Dos Equis
Mon Ami Gabi will start happy hour at 3pm
Snow?! What snow?!? We’re open for business! Happy Hour all day long at the bar and $5 Guinness and Jameson to celebrate St. Paddy’s day!
— Mussel Bar Bethesda (@MusselBar) March 17, 2014
We will be opening at four today and will run bourbon happy hour at the bar all night long!
— The Pig DC (@ThePigDC) March 17, 2014
— GrillfishDC (@GrillfishWDC) March 17, 2014
Snow Day Specials: sopa calabaza $10, pollo macia con espinacas $10, coles de bruselas con bechamel $8. BTW, it’s almost patio season…
— José Andrés’ Team (@JaleoCC) March 17, 2014
Fed offices are closed. Emergency and telework ready employees must follow drink-a-beer-next-to-computer policy. Open at noon.
— Ivy and Coney (@ivyandconey) March 17, 2014
YES, we will be OPEN AT NOON for all your St. Patrick’s Day/Snow Day needs!
— Boundary Stone (@BoundaryStoneDC) March 17, 2014
- It’s St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate in a classy way with a celebration at the National Geographic Museum! As of now, it’s not cancelled due to snow!
- It’s St. Patrick’s Day whether you like it or not! Celebrate in another classy way, with alcohol at Jack Rose! The saloon has an all-day terrace party with fantastic specials. As of now, people are able to use their legs even though snow is on the ground so it’s not cancelled!
- It’s St. Patrick’s Day whether you’re in a mansion or apartment! You can spend the holiday in The Mansion on O. Mansions with absurd staircases and rooms pay no mind to wetness.
- Why not increase your film IQ with a screening of Léon Morin, Prêtre at the French Embassy? The French do not cancel because frozen rain made an appearance.
- Swearin’ is at Black Cat. As of now, sounds works regardless of cold moisture so it is not cancelled!
- It’s the 40th Anniversary Celebration for The Community Foundation for the National Capital Region so there’s a party at the Arena Stage. Snow does not cancel 40th anniversary parties.
- The opposite of that classy party is Heavy Metal Monday’s at Satellite Room. Snow does occaionally cancel metal because it’s hard to be metal in the snow but this evening has not been cancelled but don’t wear 80s metal stuff, wear more reasonable metal stuff in case you have to walk in the snow. Like in that Metallica video for “King Nothing.”
- Staying in? You’re probably staying in. READ THIS.
- + so much other stuff