Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on BYT ALL CITY (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on ALL CITY is free and open to all-so please use it, WE PROMISE this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts)
THE FUN DON’T STOP HERE THOUGH. You can:
- HAVE THE BEST FEBRUARY EVER, courtesy of some fun tips from us.
- Forget about the cold and get drunk on the cheap, courtesy of our updated drinking guide.
- Go exclusively to non-douchey bars this season.
- and, oh yeah, NEVER BE HUNGOVER EVER AGAIN.
Let us begin.
- If you can’t wait until it’s dark to dance go to Penn Social for NOONDANCE, a lunchtime dance party in the model of the Swedish Lunch Beat events.
- The most adorable of all benefits is here: The annual Sugar & Champagne DC Humane Society Benefit.
- The Malaysian goddess of sound, Yuna, will play a show tonight at U Street Music Hall.
- Continuing with music: Paul Jacobs-one of the more celebrated organists of our generation-will perform a bunch of classic tunes by some French guys (just Duruflé, Boulanger, and Messiaen, to name a few) at the Kennedy Center.
- JD Samson and MEN headline Comet. Read our interview with Samson here.
- Ever had the urge to visit the Embassy of Ukraine? Me neither, but $48 will get you all the Ukrainian food you want, so I guess that’s a sweet deal.
- But if you’re not trying to drop wads of cash and are desiring a lil sumthin’ more low-key, Sarah Lawson is hosting an open mic night at the Busboys and Poets on 5th & K.
- + there’s a ton of other thangs right here.