Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on BYT ALL CITY (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on ALL CITY is free and open to all-so please use it, WE PROMISE this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts)
WELCOME TO ALMOST WINTER. You can:
- HAVE THE BEST DECEMBER EVER, courtesy of some fun tips from us
- Go exclusively to non-douchey bars this season
- Get all your rules, tips and tricks for coffee from a world-famous coffee tasting champion.
- Eat your way through 2013′s DC restaurant offerings or check out ALL of the fall/winter food specials and events right over here.
- and, oh yeah, NEVER BE HUNGOVER EVER AGAIN
Now for tonight:
- Kick things off by tasting some (queer? queerly delicious) tacos at El Centro.
- then: Christmas Tree lighting galore – the big one is obviously the US Capitol Tree lighting ceremony but the one at the Fairmont will feature free cookies and hot chocolate so there’s that.
- alternatively: grab a drink from the new winter cocktail menu at the Gibson.Fire may be included
- Crispin Glover @ The Charles Theater – ??? This will be a goddamn freakshow in the best way possible. Do not mention Back to the Future no matter how much you want to. Trust me. (CHECK OUT MORE AWESOME COMEDY HAPPENINGS FOR THIS MONTH-RIGHT HERE)
- BOMBINO spreads his magic at The Hamilton
- continue laughing through My So Called Jewish Life @ Sixth and I Sadly, Jordan Catalano will not be there but I am all for posting this GIF still:
- Check out The Walking Sticks, Pleasure Curses, White Gold with Alex T of Paperhaus, Br’er @ The Dunes
- plus, Arlington Cinema and Drafthouse’s $2 movie special continues tonight with screenings of “The World’s End” and ”Rush.”