Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on BYT ALL CITY (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on ALL CITY is free and open to all-so please use it, this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts)
DROP THAT BAD CAT-TITUDE, dress up in a great meowfit, and feel free to:
- Read how the rest of your best November fun-times have been expertly mapped out in our new feature: Your Best Month.
- Watch something GREAT on TV tonight after checking out our fall TV line-up.
- Eat your way through 2013′s DC restaurant offerings or check out ALL of the fall/winter food specials and events right over here.
Now for tonight:
- Ani DiFranco, joined by Melissa Ferrick and Buddy Wakefield, is performing at 9:30 Club for a night of poetry slams and “folk punk.”
- Mary Ellen Mark, premiere
photo maker everyone on Tumblr subconsciously tries to emulatestreet photographer and FotoWeekDC guest lecturer, will speak at the Smithsonian American Art Museum.
- Skank your way out to Springfield for Big D and The Kids Table’s show at Empire.
- See Tim Kasher live at RNR if only because he once performed “Album of the Year” live and replaced “drinks” with “handjobs” in the penultimate verse and it was fantastic.
- In the mood for a basement punk show? See a basement punk show.
- In the mood for a free drink and the opportunity to meet local tech startups? Get a free drink and meet local tech startups.
- Get a nightcap at UHall with Rudimental and some sexy dubstep/DNB, because hey, there’s such a thing as sexy dubstep/DNB!
- And if you need anything else…