Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on BYT ALL CITY (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on ALL CITY is free and open to all-so please use it, this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts)
WELCOME TO FALL. You can:
- Dive into the season with everything you need to know about the fall TV line-up.
- Get all your rules, tips and tricks for coffee from a world-famous coffee tasting champion.
- Eat your way through 2013′s DC restaurant offerings or check out ALL of the fall/winter food specials and events right over here.
Now for tonight:
- Happy HALLOWEEN WEEK – all sorts of spooky festivities going on, so check out our ULTIMATE DC HALLOWEEN GUIDE HERE: food, drink, movies, plays, costume inspirations and more.
- HIGH. HEEL. RACE. 17th ST. TONIGHT!
- Help the Satellite Room celebrate their one year anniversary with $1 Stellas and Stella Ciders!
- Frightened Rabbit plays two shows at the 9:30 Club to help us remind us that love is horrible and drinking works.
- Cults bring the gothy/dancey/minimal party to Black Cat
- Unwind with “an interactive showcase of poetry, music, and other ish that’s cool like that” at The Poetic Duo Show @ Da Luft Lounge.
- Who doesn’t love Sister Act, honestly?! Now on stage at the Kennedy Center through November 10.
- Anyone who goes by both Bitch and BEACH (Bitch and Animal, Bitch and the Exciting Conclusion, Shortbus) and who plays the electric violin, bass, ukulele and keytar has to be pretty awesome. 8 p.m., $15 @ Jammin Java. Plus Our Lady J and G.U.T.S.
- Travel back in time with HREJJEF-Maltese Folktales @ The Kennedy Center. The promise of digital puppets is too much to resist. Plus it’s free.