Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on BYT ALL CITY (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on ALL CITY is free and open to all-so please use it, this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts)
WELCOME TO FALL. You can:
- Dive into the season with everything you need to know about the fall TV line-up.
- Get all your rules, tips and tricks for coffee from a world-famous coffee tasting champion.
- Eat your way through 2013’s DC restaurant offerings.
Or for tonight:
- First off, Okkervil River plays 9:30 Club tonight and there are still tickets and you really should go.
- Want something harder? Mudhoney’s at U Street Music Hall, which is also clearly a pro pick.
- IN THE MOOD FOR A FREE MOVIE? Grab tickets to BAGGAGE CLAIM right here
- Or you can get real soulful with Emily King at The Hamilton:
- For a touch o’ culture, head to the Kennedy Center for VÄSEN, blending Swedish folk with world strings.
- Dart out of the office and make the most of your lunch break with FREE DC shorts at E Street Cinema or over at Fort Fringe.
- If you can’t cut out at lunch, be sure to hit up E Street Cinema, the U.S. Navy Memorial and the Angelika Film Center for DC Shorts. (For our full festival guide, peep this.)
- Get your OM on with donation-based yoga at Union Arts & Manufacturing…
- + all sorts of other stuff right over here