Welcome to your daily “Things to Do in DC” Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN. And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it. )
- Cap off your Wednesday with a soft, acoustic-tinged show by Michael Kiwanuka at 9:30 Club.
- Bonnie Prince Billy and Dawn McCarthy play Sixth and I tonight, which is just about guaranteed to be a great show. BONUS: Check out this guy’s sweet moves and also all of these crazy eyeballs:
- Speaking of black and white music videos, Vagabond Opera hit The Hamilton. Let’s get weird:
- OR get real sexy-like with throwback Con Funk Shun at Howard Theatre:
- Tonight at NoMa Summer Screen they’re showing The Hunger Games. (Pro Tip: Bring a blanket and snacks.) For the full lineup of outdoor summer movies, look no further.
- Cool down with a FREE JAMBA JUICE SMOOTHIE between noon and 6:00pm.
- And then burn it off while dancing to Amit at U Street Music Hall.
- + a slew of other options right over here.