Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN. If you don’t dig our MONDAY picks, there are tons of other events to check out on BYT ALL CITY (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on ALL CITY is free and open to all-so please use it. )
- Get your gypsy punk with and have a good time doin’ it with Firewater and Bearshark at Black Cat. (No really, listen to this song and try not to bop along. TRY YOUR DAMNDEST. YOU WILL FAIL.)
- Irish Book Day is a-happenin’ via Solas Nua.There will be books by contemporary Irish authors—for free!!!—at the Judiciary Square, Dupont Circle, Columbia Heights, and Gallery Place Metro stops, as well as at MLK Library at 901 G St. NW. Get learned, son.
- If you’re in the mood for some Go-go (you’re not? Shame on you; do something about that), head to The Howard Theatre for Wind Me Up, Chuck! The Chuck Brown Band and a medley of Artists and Icons who inspired the legend himself. Tonight, you can see/hear George Clinton! Go!
- Or for some hardocre punk, git yo’self over to DC9 for Walk the Plank, Supreme Commander, Teamster, Spinebuster and Lashing Out.
- And Bloc Party at 9:30 Club is way, way, way sold out and if selling your kidney to get you a ticket doesn’t work out, here’s a little consolation song: