Welcome to your daily “Things to Do in DC” Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN. And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it. )
First a couple of heads ups:
- Our OUTDOOR DRINKING GUIDE 2013 is live now too-NEVER BE WITHOUT IT.
- Looking for free outdoor movies? We’ve got those too.
- AND Free outdoor concerts as well.
- NOW-Lets dive into tonight so you can get out of the house:
- First things first: yesterday was national ICE CREAM DAY but we suggest you continue the celebration by using and abusing our DC ICE CREAM (AND GELATO AND FROZEN YOGHURT AND …) GUIDE all week/summer long.
- Southern Problems and MAULS are playing FORT RENO tonight. Pack a picnic.
- SCREEN ON THE GREEEEEEEN kicks off tonight. First up: E.T. Pack a picnic for this too.
- See Jimmy Stewart hang out with a giant, imaginary rabbit in the classic HARVEY, showing tonight @ National Theatre (like the previous two choices this one also comes with the added bonus of being FREE)
- Indians are joined by local/BYT favorites GEMS for a night of dreamy and solid gold indie rock @ Black Cat
- and then head to DONOVAN HOUSE for the Monday night happy hour series DONOVAN’S DAY OFF curated by Gavin Holland and featuring $5 drinks and things, by the pool.
- and DON’T FORGET-this is the final week for CAPITAL FRINGE 2013. DO IT.
- + so many other things