Welcome to your daily “Things to Do in DC” Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN. And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it. )
First a couple of heads ups:
- Our OUTDOOR DRINKING GUIDE 2013 is live now too-NEVER BE WITHOUT IT.
- Looking for free outdoor movies? We’ve got those too.
- AND Free outdoor concerts as well.
- NOW-Lets dive into tonight so you can get out of the house:
- The Wild, Michael Cantor and The Harrison Four set up show at Black Cat Backstage. Spend a too hot night dancing to jangly indie-pop.
- Head to DC9 for Chilean electro-pop/whatever group Astro. The next time they play DC it will be in a much bigger venue. Don’t believe us? Watch the video. It features five shirtless dudes with animal skulls on their head, horseback riding and a really catchy song.
- Or if you really want to move walk down U to U Street Music Hall for Hudson Mohawke.
- Or you can have a laugh at Cause at the weekly show Burp! No cover and friendly hosts Ruth Rasby and Joe Kirkwood made a trip to the restaurant with a heart worthwhile. Get there early for the happy hour.
- Or you can do some free pilates in the park at Pilates in the Park in Farragut Square Park.
- + a slew of other great options right over here.