Welcome to your daily “Things to Do in DC” Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN. And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it. )
First a couple of heads ups:
- Our OUTDOOR DRINKING GUIDE 2013 is live now too-NEVER BE WITHOUT IT.
- Looking for free outdoor movies? We’ve got those too.
- AND Free outdoor concerts as well.
- NOW-Lets dive into tonight so you can get out of the house:
- Get ready for ultimate nostalgia ’90s-fest galore with Ben Folds Five, Barenaked Ladies and Guster all at Merriweather Post Pavilion. *universe explodes in a burst of self-deprecating, piano-tinged pop music*
- Thundermilk, The Obsessives and Joy Buttons play Fort Reno tonight so grab a pic-a-nic basket and get yourself there for great free music, yeah?
- Or you can kick off your week with Donovan’s Day Off, a new weekly rooftop party night with drinks specials to reward YOU for workin’ so hard over the weekend. Just remember: “No cover, no RSVP necessary, just bring your ID which proves you’re 21, cuz damn girl you don’t look a day over 20.”
- OR you can get a dose of suspense with a free screening of Alfred Hitchcock’s “Rope” over at the National Theatre.
- OR you can sing yer li’l heart out at Penn Social’s District Karaoke night.
- + a slew of other great options right over here.