Welcome to your daily “Things to Do in DC” Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it. )
First a couple of heads ups:
- Keep religiously abreast of our SHOWS TO GET PUMPED FOR THIS WEEK column-it has EVERYTHING you need musically+a handy playlist to get jazzersized to
- our OUTDOOR DRINKING GUIDE 2013 is live now too-NEVER BE WITHOUT IT
ON TO TONIGHT:
- Hi, guys, first off, John Fruckin’ Waters is at Howard Theatre tonight and somehow it has not yet sold out so let’s get filthy. (Oh, and we’ve got a great brand-spankin’-new interview with him right over here, necrophilia included.)
- Indie-pop quintet Youngblood Hawke is at U Hall so if you’re in the mood for a solid set, it’s thattaway.
- Or head on over to Black Cat for The Features and some dancing/rocking but no dancing rocks:
- If you’re in the mood for some serious dancing, Forward Festival’s kickoff party at Tropicalia promises live raw talent and wall-to-wall electronica.
- Thirsty? Head to Penn Social for a Devil’s Backbone tasting event…
- While you’re at it, grab yourself a FREE KEY LIME DOUGHNUT from Krispy Kreme.
- If you’re feeling classy, Washington National Opera is doing a free preview at the Kennedy Center of their upcoming season.
- + a slew of other options