Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average.
- Ai Weiwei brings a new instillation titled Trace to the Hirshhorn today. Its subjects are portraits of activists all over the world but Plot Twist! It’s made of Legos! The instillation will be up till January 1 but be sure to get there before all your friends for the mad Instagram likes.
- Ponyo is playing at the Studio Ghibli Festival at the Angelika Pop-Up At Union Market.
- Get your grunge on at the Velvet Lounge with Curse Words, Church Girls & Goshdang.
- BlerdFest is tonight at Songbyrd! Go support some local comics and BLM!
- Check out the Colony Club‘s Femme Night movie: A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night! Its got a lady vampire who prays on bad bad men in this “First Iranian vampire Western.”
- If you’re interested in hearing some stories from your neighbors, check out Bloomingtales at Big Bear Cafe.
- Wreck Loose, Ms. Fridrich Messy Ann Band and Bal Boheme are at Smith Public Trust! They have great nachos!
- Feel classy sippin’ on some PBR while listening to Opera on Tap @ The Wonderland Ballroom.
If none of these options float your boat, check out our AGENDA for more ideas (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)