Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
- Our show of the night is Xiu Xiu and Br’er at Songbyrd. We like both of those bands and if you do too we highly recommend you check out these interviews.
- Or you could head to Black Cat to see Emily Wells and Be Steadwell if you’re looking for something a little more low key.
- The Craft Brewers Conference is in full swing and that means all of your favorite D.C. beer bars are going to be more crowded than ever, but they’re also probably going to be stocked with brews you haven’t had before. If you want the full schedule of things you can’t afford to miss, check this out. If you want us to give you one basic pick, we recommend Churchkey‘s party because even though it’s going to be crowded as hell, those 30 drafts sure sound tasty.
- Swing by your favorite Petworth dive bar / toddler hang out, Slash Run, to catch Cafe Racer, Dwellingville and The Dune Flowers.
- If you want to get drunk and stay the hell away from CBC, Royal Knights is back at The Royal and this time someone from the 410 is taking charge behind the bar and serving up some sweet cachaca.
- DC9 is also housing “Austin’s favorite experimental pop band” if you’re can’t get SXSW out of your mind.
- If you’re way out in Fort Totten, Culture Coffee is throwing a hip-hop show featuring Miami’s Starve Marve.
If none of these options float your boat, check out our AGENDA for more ideas (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)