Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our Monday HALLOWEEN picks, there are tons of other events to check out on BYT ALL CITY (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on ALL CITY is free and open to all-so please use it. ) HOPE YOU HAVE YOUR COSTUMES READY:
- Want to step up your trick or treating game? We recommend stopping by Oyamel and sampling their Dia de Los Muertos menu to get in the mood (this is the 2nd to last day it is available) and/or stuffing your face with PS7’s alcoholic cupcakes (cuptails)–the grown up version of Halloween treats if we ever saw one.
- THEN: Washington Psychotronic Society (oh, how we have missed you) returns (granted, to McFaddens) with a special HALLOWEENATHON (starting at 8pm) featuring clips and shorts of the best and worst of their flim library
- Marvin and Blackbyrd join forces for a 80S VS. 90S Hip-hop Halloween Sibling Rivalry extravaganza. It is free and bound to be awesome.
- MORE MOVIE OPTIONS! AFI has been celebrating VINCENT PRICE all month long and today, you’re in for a special treat: a screening of “THE TINGLER”. GO.
- For at home movie marathoning, we recommend you check out our list of “BEST HORROR MOVIES YOU HAVE NOT SEEN (YET)” –it holds up surprisingly well.
- ALSO! HOCUS POCUS is playing at 9pm @ ABC Family (in case you were wondering)
- Then–maybe dance to some nu-metal (that’s scary, right?) @ Paper Sun or admire the permanent state of costumed-upness of Rasputina or sludge it up with Dead Meadow.
- totally ignore Halloween and check out Jeffrey Eugenides @ Sixth and I
- Get your stomach pumped from all the candy corn.
- +other stuff