Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our Wednesday picks, there are tons of other events to check out on BYT ALL CITY (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on ALL CITY is free and open to all-so please use it. This is much more effective than posting random comments on posts. Promise.)
- Sure Titus Andronicus/Dinowalrus bonanza @ Black Cat is sold out, as is Demetri Martin @ The Synagogue but there is a BAJILLION MORE things to do around town (my sneaking suspicion is that this week may be out to get us):
- YELLE, our favorite French Electro Pop nymph hits the 930 Club stage for a late show. Read our crushworthy interview with her here. YELLE BONUS: There is a Maison PRE-GAME for it downstairs @ Velvet Lounge.
- J.Roddy returns for the 2nd week of his/their residency @ RNR Hotel. Party time.
- just down the street AgesandAges and LAKE play the most darling show of the week @ Red Palace (which will possibly (and somewhat unfairly) get crushed by so many other possibilities)
- If you’re in the mood to get DEEP: DEEP SECRETS may be your answer. If you’re in the mood to get funky: Make way to RUBBLEBUCKET & ELIKEH show.
- And…on a more lower key scale: The David Lynch mini festival closes out with BLUE VELVET @ Artisphere tonight. (read our full Lynch love letter here)
- and you only have through the end of this week to check out CAPSULE 33.
- AND FOR SHEER NOSTALGIA VALUE: One night of QUEEN TRIBUTE takes place tonight @ Strathmore.
AND THIS IS ONLY WEDNESDAY.