Welcome to your daily “Things to Do in DC” Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN. And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it. ) ———————————————————————————————— First a couple of heads ups:
- our OUTDOOR DRINKING GUIDE 2013 is live now too-NEVER BE WITHOUT IT.
- Looking for free outdoor movies? We’ve got those too.
- AND Free outdoor concerts as well.
- NOW-Lets dive into tonight:
- first things first: our FREE AND ALMOST FREE THINGS TO DO in DC + HAPPY HOUR HOTLINE guides are perfect for those
- SMITHSONIAN FOLK LIFE FESTIVAL KICKS OFF TODAY
- NoMA Summer Screen is showing BREAKFAST CLUB today
- a solid indie bill @ DC9: HA HA TONKA + SOMEONE STILL LOVES YOU BORIS YELTSIN + EZRA FURMAN
- and two good options for people into supporting DC music:
- Laughing Man are @ Velvet Lounge
- and The Sea Life headline a show (w/ Kid Mountain + Brenda) @ Black Cat
- plus: throwback Wednesday – GETO BOYS are @ Howard Theatre. All together now: