Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our Monday picks, there are tons of other events to check out on BYT ALL CITY (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on ALL CITY is free and open to all-so please use it. )
- Ease into the week with legends Santana and the Allman Brothers Band at Merriweather Post Pavilion.
- Watching the Olympics? Be sure to check out our guide on the best places to watch ’em/specials/Olympics drinking games around town.
- Tonight’s your last chance to catch Black Cat’s Monster Movie Mondays–totally free–and see Fright Night (the original) and 30 Days of Night. Get yr vampire on.
- If you’re more of a zombie fan, head to McFadden’s for a screening of Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated. (Over 100 international artists collaborated to set their animation to the film’s original audio track. Awesome.)
- Tonight’s also your last chance to see Anthony Barboza’s photography at the International Visions Gallery–expect some incredible photos touching on race, culture, and the underground jazz scene in the ’70s and ’80s (such as the photo of Miles Davis, below).
- And finally, for a touch of the British, head to Rock and Roll Hotel and dance your cares away with London duo The Big Pink (+ Black Hills!).