Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our Tuesday picks, there are tons of other events to check out on BYT ALL CITY (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on ALL CITY is free and open to all-so please use it. )
- It’s warm. It’s sunny. It’s (finally) time to get your happy hour on with cheap soft shelled crabs and $4/glasses + $16/pitchers of Flying Dog with BYT & Art and Soul on their gorgeous patio(!!!!). Crab Boil begins at 5:30, while supplies last (3/$21, 6/$40 and 12/$72, assorted sides are $3 each) so get there early and ready to eeeeat.
- Might we ALSO suggest Red Bull Thre3Style’s DJ battle at Howard Theatre with headlining DJ….. wait for it…… Mayer Hawthorne.
- Tonight is OPENING NIGHT for Woolly Mammoth’s Simpsons-tinged Mr. Burns, a Post-Electric Play. Imagine a world where all your gizmos stop working and gadgets become obsolete (yes, even your smartphone). Follow a group of post-armageddon survivors reliving The Simpsons as a means to cope.
- Speaking of technology, there’s a panel on DIY and remix culture in the age of digital–head over to the Goethe Institute and git yer learnin’ on.
- And finally, get some angsty rock in that soul with The Used and Stars in Stereo at Fillmore.