Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our Tuesday picks, there are tons of other events to check out on BYT ALL CITY (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on ALL CITY is free and open to all-so please use it. )
- If you’re in the mood for some metal, Mastodon and Opeth are swinging through the area on their Heritage Hunter Tour. Catch ’em at Fillmore tonight for some face-melting shredding. **SUPER AWESOME BONUS** Prep for your facemelting with our Mastodon interview on Wall Street, H.P. Lovecraft tattoos, when metal bands should call it quits and SO MUCH MORE.
- Get the closest you can to a D.C. carnival tonight with sweet Yo-Yo tricks, flaming-torch juggling and more, all thanks to the Kennedy Center’s Look Both Ways festival. Tonight’s acts: Yo-Yo People and Paolo Garbanzo.
- Ben Browning from CUT COPY is DJing tonight at U Hall, which is obviously going to be aces.
- If you’re cravin’ some hot girly action (or just happen to be a huge musical theatre geek), DC Gurly Burlesque is performing their own rendition of Chicago tonight at Red Palace…
- And if you missed last night’s sold-out Andrew Bird show, he’s playing a second night in Baltimore at Ram’s Head Live. (Go, go, go. Worth the drive.)