Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our Wednesday picks, there are tons of other events to check out on BYT ALL CITY (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on ALL CITY is free and open to all-so please use it. )
- For your theatre fix, the answer’s simple: The Heir Apparent presented by the Shakespeare Theatre Company is not only cheap ($15!) it’s also fantastic.
- On the LIVE music tip there’s so many options, my head is spinning… most specifically PETER HOOK & The Light (+ Stereofaith) at the 9:30 Club playing JOY DIVISION’s “CLOSER” in it’s entirety (say what you want about retirement, but I am pumped)
- Tut stick around the 9:30 Club, because right afterward Mates Of States will hit the stage in a late show performance
- Or night one (of two) with Deadmau5 at the newly opened Fillmore is sure to have all the hedonists out in droves
- Plus local faves, Imperial China open up for Fang Island at Red Palace
- In the mood to dance? Well one of my favorite DJs, DJ TMY will be manning the decks at Velvet Lounge along with Keenan Orr for their new party: House U!
- While the weather is still (somewhat) nice and the season is still going, cheer on D.C. United tonight in their match up against Chivas USA
- As for you foodies, you’re not left out in the cold either what with Bobby Flay at Sixth & I Synagogue to chat and sign his new book. Let’s hope he’s got a throw down scheduled somewhere in the area too, yeah?
- + so much other stuff.
And now the greatest Joy Division song ever recorded….http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bRCl0RCxx8