And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our Agenda (side note: promoters/venues: posting events on the Agenda is free and open to all-so please use it, WE PROMISE this is much more effective than posting random comments on posts). Also, remember to check out Your Best June since it’s June. Now go do these things:
- See a free movie in Adams Morgan. ALL THE PRESIDENTS MEN is playing (rain date is next Tuesday but we’re hoping for NOT a raindate). Also-use our FREE OUTDOOR MOVIE GUIDE EVERY day of the week.
- Support the production of a DC punk-rock-documentary at the Black Cat. Fundraiser event includes a sneak-preview of “Punk the Capital” and a Q/A session with DC based directors James Schneider and Paul Bishow – a must for fans of all things local and all things punk. Doors open at 8 (Backstage).
- Dance to some alt-pop jams with MS MR tonight. They’re headlining at the 9:30 Club — doors open at 7.
- Love modern music? Love old music too? Scott Bradlee and Postmodern Jukebox have a little something for everyone. See them at The Hamilton tonight.
- Support the Armed Forces’ Choirs by going to a free concert featuring singing groups from the Navy, Army and Air Force at the Kennedy Center.
- Rock and Roll Hall-of-Famer Buddy Guy will be performing at The State Theatre. He played for President Obama. Now let him play for you.
- Not into pop, rock, jazz or alternative? Showtunes more your style? Check out the Big Broadway Sing-Along at the D.C. Jewish Community Center. Lyrics will be provided.
- Or go to the French Embassy for a screening of the film Camille Redouble. French snacks will be available.
Didn’t see anything you like? There’s tons more right over here.