March Madness takes over Bethesda Row for the third year with its month-long martini competition. Ten restaurants are whipping up their finest martinis in hopes of being named the new Bethesda Row-tini. Starting this past weekend, you can try all these delicious cocktails at happy hour prices and vote for your favorite on Bethesda Row’s Facebook page. One lucky voter will win a $500 dining certificate for up to ten guests from one of the participating restaurants. Pretty rad, if I do so so myself.
Participating Restaurants include: American Tap Room, Assaggi, Café Deluxe, Jaleo, Lebanese Taverna, Mon Ami Gabi, Mussel Bar, Parker’s, Redwood.
Of course, we did a little preview taste test for you (but we encourage you to do your own too!). Our favorites included Jaleo (a trusty standby), Lebanese Taverna (if you’re looking for something different) and Redwood (an elegant twist on a fruity-without-fruit cocktail) and Cafe Deluxe (certainly the booziest of the bunch). But as you can see from the photos below, they’re all gorgeous and worth a taste! Here are the crucial details of all the cocktails:
- Jaleo – The Bethesda Orchard (Hendrick’s Grin, Marcona Almond Oregeat, Aperol, Chamomile/Honey Syrup, Lemon Juice)
- Lebanese Taverna – Fresca Royal (Fresca, Jose Cuervo Tequila, Chambord)
- Redwood – Anti-Saloon League (Hendricks Gin, Apricot Brandy, Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Orange Blossom Water)
- Cafe Deluxe – Nothing But Net (Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Angusta Bitters, Sugar Cube, Cherry Juice, Simple Syrup, Orange Twist, Cherry)
- American Tap Room – Tap, Tap Beer Martini (Vanilla Ice Cream, Strawberries, Mint Leaves, Elderflower Liquer)
- Assaggi – Assaggi Al Sole (Don Julio Tequila, Aperol, Homemade Pineapple Honey Syrup, Grapefruit Juice)
- Mon Ami Gabi – La Passion Martini (Absolut Vodka, Passion Fruit Puree, Marquis De LaTour Sparkling Wine, Fresh Squeezed Lemon, Splash of Orange Juice)
- Mussel Bar – Antigone’s Revenge (Domaine de Canton Ginger Liquor, Chamomile Syrup, Lemon Juice, Antigone Double Blonde)
- Parkers – ‘Cuse Orange Crush (Stoli Orange Vodka, Cointreau, Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice Splash of Pellegrino)
- Raku – Purple Cloud (Shochu (Japanese Vodka), Blueberry Syrup, Ginger Syrup, Lemon Juice, Lavender Foam)
Bethesda Row March Martini Madness runs from now until March 31st. All cocktails are at happy hour rates no matter what time it is too!