Weekly rundown of D.C. fashion events+links to love on style blogs+other inspirational stuff we think you may enjoy. Cool? Cool. And as always, let us know if we missed something in the comments.
FIRST! A PSA: LOVE OUR FALL 2011 STYLE GUIDE. LOVE IT!
ALSO-the WINTER STYLE GUIDE IS COMING, SO IF YOU THINK SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE INCLUDED IN IT-LET US KNOW.
- the Capital Irish Film Festival Opens tonight (and goes through Dec.10th) with a screening of THE LOTUS EATERS which is all about models, ex-models, and people who hang out with models and ex models in London. We interview the lead (and our new girl crush) Antonia Campbell-Hughes here.
- this Saturday: check out the fashion soiree @ Freer & Sackler inspired by the Empress Dowager show currently on display.
- something to dress up for: The Sugar Plum Phillips After 5 with Washington Ballet on premises, signature cocktails and more. So festive.
- check out our awesome and pretty comprehensive DC HOLIDAY MARKET guide and plan your gift buying accordingly. Some highlights include:
- ROCK-N-SHOP-the annual rock’n’roll garage sale @ Black Cat on December 11th. Hunting for that perfect holiday gift? Looking to augment your hardcore collection with some essential records? Searching for the perfect T-shirt? Stop right there, my friend! Rock-n-Shop is where it’s all at. This annual junk sale offers more than the standard fare…for one thing, it’s not all junk…
- Corcoran’s Off the Walls annual art sale from December 8–10 in the North Atrium; browse Corcoran College of Art + Design student work ranging from jewelry, to wearable art, to fine art. All sales directly benefit the artist and the Corcoran College of Art + Design.
- Nana’s HANDMADE HOLLY MART 3068 Mount Pleasant St, NW, Saturday, December 3rd, 2011, 11 am -7 pm. A mini bazaar to be held at local women’s clothing store, Nana. The holiday mart will feature about 10 local crafters, many who sold their wares at the Mount Pleasant Temporium.
- GRUMP Holiday Market @ American Legion( 224 D St SE, Capitol Hill), December 10th, 11am- 5pm. 20 of your favorite Crafty Bastards Vendors will show and sell their awesomeness. Produced by Beth Baldwin & Tina Seamonster, GRUMP will be the place to buy awesome handmade gifts made by real people, locally!
- MERRIMENT IN GEORGETOWN – December 9th to 20th. Presented and sponsored by the Georgetown Business Improvement District (BID), celebrating the holiday season with 12 days of special store sales and events, seasonal festivities, live entertainment, holiday activities, and more. To view the video from last year’s event, which was a one day festival, click on the link below, or visit www.merrimentingeorgetown.com for more information.
INSPIRATIONAL LINKS, ETC
OH HEY, FALL
THANKS FOR BRINGING ME BEAUTIFUL SPREADS
ALL PHOTOS SVEN ANTON SVENSSON
IRRESPONSIBLE?? UK BANS HAILEE STEINFELD FOR MIU MIU FALL 2011
+ DAKOTA FANNING FOR MARC JACOBS OH, LOLA!
PRADA CAMPAIGN TAKES THE HEAT -THIS IS
“SERIOUS, HIGH FASHION”
ARIANNA HUFFINGTON INTERVIEWS SCARLETT JOHANSSON
PHOTOS BY SOLVE SUNDSBO
DECEMBER + JANUARY ISSUE
YOUR BODY IS A WONDERLAND
ON THE STREET…MILAN
ARIZONA MUSE, CANT GET ENOUGH
IN NEW TOM FORD – LOST CHERRY LIP GLOSS
DAZED & CONFUSED, DECEMBER ISSUE
20 + 20 COVERS PROJECT
CO-FOUNDER + PHOTOGRAPHER RANKIN
SNAPS 20 AWESOME COVER SHOTS FOR 20 AWESOME YEARS!
MARNI FOR H&M
DUE MARCH 2012
BEST COLLABORATION YET, SEE [email protected]
WATCH VIDEO HERE!
YSL REPRISE – CERCA 2006
MARIACARLA BOSCONO FOR YSL 2012
DOUTZEN KROES FOR NUMERO CHINA
DECEMBER 2011 + TIZIANO MAGNI PHOTOGRAPHER
FELIZ NAVIDAD ~ VOGUE DECEMBER
MAGDALENA, JACQUELYN, CHARLIZE
CLASSIC BRITISH BIRDS
BRITISH FASHION AWARDS 2011 GALLERY
WEARING MARC JACOBS + LV + PRADA
PHOTOGRAPHER DAVID SIMS
TIPS? LINKS? SEND THEM TO: [email protected]