Weekly rundown of D.C. fashion events+links to love on style blogs+other inspirational stuff we think you may enjoy. Cool? Cool.
- The next Butler & Claypool pop-up shop has been announced! They’ll be collaborating with ReadySetDC for a summer mixer on July 24 from 1-7 p.m. at Lamont Bishop Gallery. Expect great vintage finds from B+C and friends — stay tuned to the blog for some sneak peeks and previews, and get more info on the event here.
- Looking for a crafty gift for the friend who has everything? Well, look no further than the 2011 Ballston Arts & Crafts Market! Join us on Saturday, July 9th, and the second Saturday of every month until October, at Arlington’s only 100% handmade indie art market. Held in Ballston’s tree-lined Welburn Square, this Market has everything from awesome jewelry designs and organic soaps & lotions to hipster fashions and household accessories. Check out the awesome concert lineup, too! This season’s remaining dates are: July 9, August 13, September 10 & October 8. Located between N. Stuart & N. 9th Streets across from the Ballston Metro on the Orange Line http://ballstonarts-craftsmarket.blogspot.com
- The Bitches Who Brunch cordially invite you to a Summer Brunch Soiree on Satuday, July 9th, a fabulous brunch event for a fabulous cause. Benefiting the DC Farm to School Network & celebrating the new brunch menu at Ris.
- The $45 to this cocktail-style brunch party includes:
- Bottomless mimosas
- Passed gourmet small plates from Ris’ new brunch menu
- A fashion show with styles from Rue 14 and South Moon Under
- Music from DJ Raha Wala
- A book signing by Helena Andrews, author of Bitch is the New Black
- A dance performance from DC Dance Collective
- An art show from local DC artists
- Goodie bags filled with plenty of gifts and surprises
LINKS + ETC.
THE MURDER OF JEAN SEBERG
INSPIRED BY THE DEATH OF ACTRESS JEAN SEBERG IN 1979.
WANT: ISSON SPRING 2011/2012
A WEEK OF FASHION ADS:
MIU MIU FALL/WINTER 2011
BY BRUCE WEBER
MARC BY MARC JACOBS FALL 2011/2012
CHANEL FALL/WINTER 2011/2012
FREJA BEHA ERICHSEN
BY KARL LAGERFELD
GIVENCHY FALL/WINTER 2011/2012
BY MERT ALAS AND MARCUS PIGGOTT
LOOKBOOK: COVEN SPRING/SUMMER 2012
COVER: LOVE #6/NYASHA MATONHODZE
“AGE-DEFYING MODELS CHANGING THE FASHION WORLD”
IN THE MAGAZINES:
PERSONAE MAGAZINE SPRING/SUMMER 2011
BY PH. LARS BOTTEN
SELF SERVICE SPRING/SUMMER 2011
BY ALASDAIR MCLELLAN
BY CAMILLA AKRANS
NICOLA FORMICHETTI: “WE DON’T EVEN NEED MAGAZINES”
BY DAVID COLMAN
PHOTOGRAPHY: TERRY TSIOLIS
JAK & JIL: GRACE
TIPS? LINKS? SEND THEM TO: [email protected]