Weekly rundown of D.C. fashion events+links to love on style blogs+other inspirational stuff we think you may enjoy. Cool? Cool.
- TONIGHT: STYLE YOUR HOME: DC Apartment Therapy Design Evening w/ Jill Sorensen 7:00 PM- 9:00 PM Sukio Design Co 1712 14th St NW
- TOMORROW NIGHT: Carbon Boutique, the eco-friendly boutique, will hold “Guy’s Night Out” a pre-father’s day celebration on Thursday, June 16th, 6-9pm, 2643 Connecticutt Ave. Featuring an evening of shopping, live music from Rene Moffatt, a meet and greet with representatives from Liam Michael and J Shoes and local tie designers Derringer Friday.
- FRIDAY: Score some sweet caftans for the summer:
- FRIDAY: VM Exhibit Closing + Shopping event @ The Dunes (1402 Meridian Place) this Friday @ 7pm:
- STARTING NEXT WEEK: J&G Steakhouse has partnered with April Yvonne of MyDCStyle.com for a series of fashion-focused events this summer. Working with area designers and retailers, April will show off great summer looks and provide tips on how women can look their best in the Nation’s Capital. They kick off the summer style series on Wednesday, June 22 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Wine Bar. Tickets are $20 and include light appetizers. Advance purchase is recommended. Via http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/180758
- COMING SOON: PRETTY PEOPLE VINTAGE IS OPENING
- GRAND OPENING SCHEDULE + DETAILS:
- Wednesday, June 29: Designer giveaway item revealed via Pretty People’s Facebook page
- Friday July 1st: Public Grand Opening begins (store hours): Wild card sale (draw for 15 to 30 percent off one item, excluding some designer items), gifts with purchase and animal-themed treats and jungle juice all weekend long, plus chance to win designer item.
- Saturday, July 2 – July 3: Public Grand Opening continues: Wild card sale (draw for 15 to 30 percent off one item, excluding some designer items), gifts with purchase and animal-themed treats and jungle juice all weekend long, plus chance to win designer item.
- CHECK OUT SOME SNAPS from a sneak peak of their stock @ the BUTLER+CLAYPOOL vintage bazaar this past weekend:
- AND OF COURSE-THE #1 PLACE TO DRESS UP FOR THIS WEEKEND is our uncapped LIVE closing party on Friday. SEE YOU THERE.
LINKS + ETC.
WHAT A PROENZA SCHOULER PERFUME WOULD SMELL LIKE…
Lazaro Hernandez: “…something really nice that was put on the night before, and then she had quite an evening, and it’s all mixed in with a little bit of cigarette smoke. Yeah, cigarette smoke and something really pretty at the same time.”
+THE REST OF THE INTERVIEW WITH CFDA’S
WOMENSWEAR DESIGNER(S) OF THE YEAR
STILL BLOWS MY MIND THAT
CONSIDERING MUICCIA PRADA MADE $14.6 M
PHOTOS: STEVEN KLEIN
MARC JACOBS: “THE SURVIVOR”
NEW YORK TIMES
BY RUTH LA FERLA
PHOTO: STAN HONDA
INTERVIEW WITH ROBERT MISHCHENKO:
THE 18-YEAR-OLD EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF PLAYING FASHION
NOIR FACADE LJ
BY JONATHAN GLICK
COURTESY OF KINGDOM OF STYLE
COUTE QUE COUTE
BY WALKER BROCKINGTON
NYLON MEXICO JUNE 2011
BY JUSTIN HOLLAR
VOGUE ITALIA JUNE 2011
BY STEVEN MEISEL
+ JESSIE J
LOVE CAT MAGAZINE
PAZ DE LA HUERTA
BY ELLEN VON UNWERTH
BY JUERGEN TELLER
TIPS? LINKS? SEND THEM TO: [email protected]