Weekly rundown of D.C. fashion events+links to love on style blogs+other inspirational stuff we think you may enjoy. Cool? Cool. And as always, let us know if we missed something in the comments.
- The Mt. Pleasant Temporium is closing Sunday, March 13. They’re bidding adieu to Mt. Pleasant’s first pop-up store with 5 days of free events–and there’s a little something for everyone.
- garmentDistrict, the other pop-up store in town is still open and in full swing though. Shop, take sewing classes, see a show, whatever you may like. Full calendar can be found here.
- District Sample Sale is all set for March 29th and tickets ARE ON SALE. GET THEM. Massive savings AND a good cause.
- Speaking of good causes: DC’s homegrown Haughty Cosmetics will launch on March 10, 2011 at Hudson Restaurant & Lounge from 6–9 p.m as a benefit to Becky’s Fund. Tickets are $40 and can be purchased at www.beckysfund.org.
- Save the date: ReadySetDC announced the 3rd installment of fashion:District (this time around @ Long view gallery) for April 14th.
- Save the date: Fashion for Paws just announced their April 9th runway show @ National Building Museum.
- In partnership with Courage for Kids, Hela Spa and Salon at The Collection in Chevy Chase is hosting a ladies beauty event to raise money and awareness for the nonprofit’s Give Back-Pack Initiative tonight. Courage for Kids launched its GIVE BACK-pack initiative last year, and sent all the children who graduated from Bright Beginnings to Kindergarten with a back pack filled with books and school supplies.
- BONUS: if you missed our photos from DC Fashion Week and Paisean Faisean last week, check them out now.
A MODEL BLOGGING ANONYMOUSLY
ABOUT HOW HARD HER LIFE IS.
BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, ALEX WHITE (FASHION
DIRECTOR OF W) HAS BEEN BLOGGING TOO:
ALEX WHITE EDITS
BROOD BY LOGAN NEITZEL
PHOTOGRAPHED BY DEVIN DOYLE
MORE AT DIRTYDURTY.COM
“SHE COMES IN COLOURS”
THE GENTLEWOMAN # 3 SPRING/SUMMER 2011
BY ALASDAIR MCLELLAN
BY MARIO TESTINO
FLAIR ITALY MARCH 2011
BY JEAN-FRANCOIS CAMPOS
STYLING: VITTORIA CERCIELLO
MODEL: SOPHIE VLAMING
I WISH I GAVE BIRTH TO THIS EDITORIAL
VOGUE ITALIA MARCH 2011
BY TIM WALKER
STYLING: JACOB K.
MODEL: GUINEVERE VAN SEENUS
TIPS? LINKS? SEND THEM TO: [email protected]