Weekly rundown of D.C. fashion events+links to love on style blogs+other inspirational stuff we think you may enjoy. Cool? Cool. And as always, let us know if we missed something in the comments.
- DC Style Factory stylist Rosana Vollmerhausen goes through your wardrobe and tells you what to keep and add for free. E-mail [email protected] for an appointment.
- Tomorrow, March 24 from 7:00 to 9:30 p.m. Lush is happening @ 211 Eye St. NE RSVP here.
- Thursday, March 25 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Robin Givhan will be signing her book “Michelle: The First Lady, The First Year” @ Lord & Taylor.
- Friday, March 26 from 12:00 to 8 p.m. receive 15 % off @ Rebecca Taylor’s spring trunk show @Urban Chic Georgetown. Head to the after party @ il Canale from 8:00 to 11:00 p.m for free pizza.
- Saturday, March 27 11:00 a.m. to 7 p.m. get “records, vintage, jewelry, whatever” at Tooth and Nail @ Velvet Lounge.
- Sunday, March 28 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. “The Dunes, DC This Week and Napoleon Bistro & Lounge present “Get Trunk” The Series: A one-day only pop-up-shop featuring the newest jewelry designs from Deidree Bennett of MiSHi Artisan Jewelry” @ Napoleon Bistro & Lounge, 1847 Columbia Road NW in Adam’s Morgan.
MS. RILEY KEOUGH
If you haven’t yet, meet the granddaughter of Elvis Presley. See more here. [Courtesy of Dazed & Confused]
LOVE LOVE LOVE ACNE ATICOMA
“Everyone wants to have a great butt.”
Designer and film director Tom Ford interviews Nicolas Ghesquiere, creative director of Balenciaga. [Courtesy of Interview magazine]
Get yourself or someone (me) a James Piatt bag.
3 COVERS/SPRING 2010: FREJA&SASHA&NATALIA
The theme of the issue: “The Home Is Where The Heart Is” Inside, Dree Hemingway visits the home of her grandfather, writer Ernest Hemingway, in Cuba. Freja Beha Erichsen and Sasha Pivovarova are shot by Emma Summerton; Natalia Vodianova by Paolo Roversi. [Courtesy of i-D]
[Courtesy of BusinessInsider.com]
More sexual harassment allegations. [Courtesy of Jezebel.com]
LES SOEURS JAC & LILY
Vogue Paris April 2010; shot by Steven Klein and styled by Carine Roitfeld. [Courtesy of Vogue Paris]
MORE KARL LAGERFELD QUOTES
“I had an interview once with some German journalist—some horrible, ugly woman. It was in the early days after the communists—maybe a week after—and she wore a yellow sweater that was kind of see-through. She had huge tits and a huge black bra, and she said to me, ‘It’s impolite; remove your glasses.’ I said, ‘Do I ask you to remove your bra?'”
Read his Vice interview here.
[Courtesy of P.O.P.]