Weekly rundown of D.C. fashion events+links to love on style blogs+other inspirational stuff we think you may enjoy. Cool? Cool. And as always, let us know if we missed something in the comments.
- Wednesday, August 18 from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. is Mod Madness @ The Textile Museum, 2320 S Street, NW: “Looking forward to another Mad Men season of scandal and envy-worthy fashion at Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce? Don your best fifties- and sixties-inspired look and join the PM @ The TM after-hours event. Step into the museum’s garden for cool drinks, noshes, and live jazz by the Pete Muldoon Quartet. Escape the heat with gallery tours led by WE ARE SCIENCE. Music by DJ Jahsonic in the exhibition Art by the Yard: Women Design Mid-Century Britain. Enter to win prizes from area businesses and restaurants. Silk screen your own t-shirt or bag to take home with the Washington Printmakers Gallery.” Tickets: $10 (includes one drink). Purchase them here.
- Thursday, August 19 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. “support WEAVE DC and enjoy some great company at Puro Cafe, 1529 Wisconsin Ave. NW. $10 for 10 pictures by famous fashion photographer Walter Grio of Shoot for Change.” RSVP: [email protected]
- Friday, August 20 from 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. join Fly Betty Boutique, 1935 11th St. NW, for Girls Night Out, “an evening of socializing, shopping, food and drinks, and plenty of items on sale.”
- Saturday, August 21 from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. join Saks and Fifth Avenue Chevy Chase, 5555 Wisconsin Ave., for “a fashionable afternoon viewing fall 2010 collections while you sip champagne.” For more information call 240-497-5272.
- Saturday, August 21 from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. is the Street Glam 2010 Fashion Show in downtown Silver Spring. “Viewing areas of the fashion shows are free to the public. Tickets for seats surrounding the runway will be sold for $25. Tickets for seats and VIP admission will be $50.” For more information email [email protected] or visit this Web site.
- Saturday, August 21 Tortoise & Hare, 567 South 23rd St., will hold their three year anniversary party. Across the street, at 8:00 p.m., Gossip will have a fashion show and gift bag giveaway.
“Perhaps the last piece touched by the designer’s hands, it was made by McQueen especially for his longtime friend Annabelle Neilson…” Read the rest at T.
BY SHARIF HAMZA
FOR DAZED & CONFUSED SEPTEMBER 2010
LOVE MAGAZINE #4
STOCKHOLM STREET STYLE
[Courtesy of Carolinesmode.com]
WANT: LESS BY ALYSSA LESSER
“LESS pieces, which are entirely handmade, incorporate raw and unusual elements such as rusted hardware, leather, and animal findings amidst rough-edged precious stones and mixed metals.”
BY 3.1 PHILLIP LIM
AMERICAN APPAREL IS $120 MILLION IN DEBT
MYKITA X ALEXANDRE HERCHCOVITCH
[Courtesy of Trendland.net]
PREVIEW OF THE SPRING SHOOT
I ♥ Wildfox
THE RISE OF THE BLOGGER
WWD HAS THE STORY.
Vilsbøl de Arce SS 11
[Courtesy of Style.com]
COPENHAGEN FASHION WEEK IS ENDING
& STOCKHOLM FASHION WEEK IS BEGINNING.
GARETH PUGH DEBUT STORE
Vena Cava’s lower-priced Fall 2010 collection. It’s available now at Barneys, Bergdorf Goodman, Opening Ceremony, and Saks. [Courtesy of Style.com]
MIU MIU WINDOWS
MORE AT TAVI.THEPOP.COM.
ILLUSTRATOR CARMEN BURGESS
[Courtesy of Itfashion.com]