Weekly rundown of D.C. fashion events+links to love on style blogs+other inspirational stuff we think you may enjoy. Cool? Cool. And as always, let us know if we missed something in the comments.
- Tuesday, March 16 from 6:30 to 9 p.m. save up to 90% @ the District Sample Sale. Tickets went on sale February 23. General Admission: $40; VIP: $100 (hours: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.); Benefactress: $250
- Also, from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. Red Sprinkle teams up with Sisarina to host a “fashion-themed DCTwixer” for Soles4Souls Project Haiti @ Relic, 4936 Fairmont Ave. in Bethesda, MD. RSVP here.
- Thursday, March 18 from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. get complimentary messages, makeup applications and more at The Full Cup’s Girl Power Fete @ 218 N. Lee St. in Arlington, VA.
- Also on Thursday, from 6:00 to 8:30 p.m., see the latest jewelry and diamond styles from Mervis and hair and makeup tips courtesy of BeautyInDc.com at Sparkle at the Ball @ Mervis Diamond Importers.
- From 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. check out Midcity Third Thursday in the 14th and U St. area.
- Flow Massage Studio is now TuSuva Body & Skin Care @ 2701 Ontario Rd., a block from 18th St. up Columbia Rd. in Adams Morgan. They’re having an open house with spring specials at their new location on Friday, March 19 from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Friday, March 19 to Saturday, March 20 stop by Bloomingdale’s in Chevy Chase for a complimentary facial with the Estee Lauder Renutriv collection, “which provides continuous repair by helping correct the appearance of past skin damage and help prevent future skin damage.” Call 240-744-3777 to book your appointment.
- Saturday, from 4:00 to 7:00, join Marzee Boutique @ 1624 Wisconsin Ave. NW for cupcakes, champagne and shopping (up to 70% off). “Come for your chance to win a $200 wardrobe update and other free giveaways.” RSVP to [email protected] and call 866-531-7660 for more information.
KARL LAGERFELD ALBER ELBAZ AND CHANEL
During Paris Fashion Week, my favorite blogger, Tommy Ton, of Jak & Jill tweets, “I received some news tonight that is going to SHAKE the fashion world in the next two days. CRAZY!!!!” Then, “I can’t tell. I swore I’d zip the lip but I’ll tell you my mouth nearly dropped to the ground when the news was whispered into my ear.” Grazia and many others say they know what’s up: Lanvin’s Alber Elbaz is Karl Lagerfeld’s successor at Chanel. [Courtesy of Getty]
[UPDATE] Today (3/15), Fashionologie says Chanel has denied the rumor stating that “replacing him is not an issue,” and Ton tweets: “You think u know but u have NO idea. Sorry, it isn’t my place to announce this news. You’ll know exactly what I’m talking about soon . . . Here’s a clue: view the Style.com Paris videos and see if you can figure it out. Tehehehe :P”
MADONNA FOR DOLCE & GABBANA
WWD reports that Madonna is co-designing sunglasses branded MD&G, priced $248-$289. Ugh, another celebrity playing designer/co-designer/whatever. [Courtesy of WWD, shot by Steven Klein]
PEACHES, Merrill Beth Nisker, graces one of the two covers of the new issue of New Zealand’s NO magazine. The model in the red beanie is on the other. Blondie makeup! [Courtesy of CapitalCityPretty.com]
K-KINDA BUSY, K-KINDA BUSY
The Cut gives us The Ten Best Things About Lady Gaga and Beyonce’s ‘Telephone’ Video + get a breakdown of their (Viktor & Rolf, Jean-Charles de Castebajac) looks here.
“FACES COVERED, ASSES OUT”
Four images from French Vogue‘s audacious 60-page editorial showcasing models in spring’s latest clothes in beautiful Morocco. [Courtesy of New York Magazine, shot by Inez Van Lamsweede and Vinoodh Matadin]
The latest on the Balenciaga/French Vogue situation I wrote about last week is that the magazine borrowed a coat for an editorial, which then “ended up at Max Mara’s design studio where it was copied and then sent back to Paris.” So scandalous. [Courtesy of Fashionista.com]
FAUX HOODED VEST $32 /// /// /// PUFF JACKET $36
THE LADIES THAT LUNCH
GALLIANO REPLACES VERSACE
“I am hoping we find a rebel genius. I will look for someone who reminds me of me when I was starting out – someone original, unique, who has their own style and handwriting and isn’t afraid to try something new. Fashion sometimes gets scared and plays it too safe – but I want to push boundaries,” said John Galliano, the creative director at Christian Dior, who will supersede Donatella Versace as honorary chairperson of Fashion Fringe for the next two years. [Courtesy of Vogue.com]
BALENCIAGA A/W 2010
Photography by Frédéric Bastin @ Jean-Louis Jérôme | Styling by Aylen Torres | Set Design by Magalie Denoue | Hair & Makeup by Bianca van Zwieten | Models Armin, Bram & Megan @ New Models [Courtesy of TheOnes2Watch.com]